Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Week 9

8-( I already did a week 9 and 10, but they seem to have been sucked up in the vortex of cyberspace. No, really. LoL I suppose its possible that I didn't actually hit the publish button, but one would think that they would be saved as drafts, as I see this save about every 30 seconds or so. Ahh well. Youtube and podcasts are very entertaining, and they can even be educational at times, depending on what type of video you're watching. My youngest son has pulled up several experiments, where they walk you thru the experiment so that you can recreate it. I think his favorite was this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-UnFb-uyYI

As for Overdrive, I've been using it for quite some time now, not that you have a choice with your digital downloads from HCPL. I think its more of a dr manager then a download manager, as it is the program that tells you when your time is up with an item, and what you can do with the item while you have it, as well as telling you to"delete any copies or cds you may have burned of this" I've not actually burned anything to cd from my e downloads, so I don't know what would happen if I put one in after my "time" with the item is up.

As for podcasts, I have to be honest, I don't particularly follow them. If I see something that might interest me, then yes, I'll watch, but I prefer to read a blog (in my own time frame) then to have to watch someone else do it in their time frame. Something that would take me 30 seconds to read, and then move on to something else, gets dragged out into 3 minutes. So therefore, I'm not big on podcasts, although I did look at them for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment