Sunday, March 8, 2009

Next Step/Week 5

Well, I've done all the next steps in the list. Most of it was stuff I already knew, some of it I knew of, but hadn't had an interest in. The most disappointing was Library Elf. Now, they want you to pay for it, and you get the most annoying emails (Trial!!! 4 free remaining!!) the countdown till =gasp= I would have to pay to get the reminders... This might be a useful service to those who only have small rural libraries, that don't have the power of the internet at their beck and call, but in dealing with my library system, it already does all that, so all I'm getting is repeat information, ususally much later then hcpl's, that they want to charge me for. I genuinely like Library Thing, and might actually pay for the membership, and the scanner, so I can just scan in all my books at home. How convenient to be able to just shoot to the website to find out where am I in a series! As for the image generators, well, I actually enjoy the ones at Pogo more.

No comments:

Post a Comment