Tuesday, March 10, 2009

#52

Ok, when I used Novelist Plus to find read alikes for Robert Jordan, it came up with Stephen R Donaldson and Raymond Feist. Ok, good choices, the writing styles are similar, but definitely not imaginative, or beyond the norm. Then I used Gnooks, and they came up with Terry Goodkind and Raymond Feist. However, at Gnooks, you can keep hitting the bar and get more and more names, and when I did, I actually saw authors there I hadn't heard of before, which is a plus. However, I don't really think Terry Goodkind = Robert Jordan. Different styles of writing, Goodkind is very humorous and tongue in cheek while Jordan was all business. Overbooked has moved to a .com as of 2/28/09 and I was unable to find a similar utility there. Using What Should I Read Next gave multiple suggestions, although it also suggested the same author you had already put in, and it also gave you the option of typing in a bunch that you liked, to narrow down your results. All in all, I think the last site was by far the best, (that's prolly why I've had it bookmarked for a long time lol) I actually used that site at work about 2 weeks ago, and one of my co horts said, omg, is that a website??? She was delighted, and I'm sure a convert now as well 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment