Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week 7

Ahh, technology. Well, I suppose a word or two about Wikipedia is necessary, so here it is...Remember, Wikipedia is controlled by the users, so don't believe everything you read there. If enough readers believe something is true, and submit that information, Wikipedia will change the entry. Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reidsville,_North_Carolina if you scroll down the page to Notable Reidsvillians, you'll see where some of the kids have expressed their opinion of the town, and enough of them logged in and agreed to it that now its posted there as fact. I had actually been looking for another town in NC, that back when we were house-hunting, one of the local kids had edited the entry to talk all about him, and how leet he was, and how he pwnd Wikipedia, but I can't remember the name of the town. So just be careful with that one, and make sure you always back up your research. Its like that email from the president of Zumbawe, if ya know the truth, its funny, if ya don't, there's trouble ahead!!

Week 7, pt 2...

Ahhh, something technology related.. where would I even start?? lol I am LOVING the fact of cloud computing, and how I can access just about anything from anywhere...not that I don't love my laptop, but lugging it about can get very tired!! My whole life revolves around my laptop, here is where I pay my bills, keep up with relatives, research genealogy, play my games, keep track of my banking and investments, my family's insurances and medical profiles. And now, with the help of certain websites, like Mint, and Quickenonline, I can actually have balances of accts sent via text message once a week, just to keep me in sync with what's going on where, without actually having to go to the websites and ck for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment