Sunday, March 8, 2009

Library 2.0 week 6

I love Library 2.0 In my thoughts, libraries were always to maintain information,and make it available to the people that need it, and Library 2.0 takes it to the next step. Totally wired, able to access things at a moments notice. And I don't think in any way it will decrease the number of people actually going to the physical site of the library. Books are a love, and people still at times need that actual book in their hands. I lust for a Kindle, however, when my husband said, ok so that means you won't be buying more (physical) books, I looked at him like he had three heads. (Not two, but THREE!!)My Kindle would be used for periodicals, and those books that I have an interest in reading once, but would probably not want to keep around all the time. The physical books are for the stories I want to curl up in a chair with. And I can't think I'm so different from most of the bibliophiles out there!

Bibliophilia is not to be confused with bibliomania, an obsessive-compulsive disorder involving the collecting of books to the point where social relations or health are damaged, and in which the mere fact that an object is a book is sufficient for it to be collected or loved. Some use the term "bibliomania" interchangeably with "bibliophily" and in fact, the Library of Congress does not use the term "bibliophily," but rather refers its readers to either book collecting or bibliomania.[1] The New York Public Library follows the same practice.[2]

(Credit: Wikipedia)

As for Technorati, its ok, but honestly, there are so many services and websites these days that just seem redundant. I'll have to putter around there a bit more, but one of my reader services does the same thing. Actually, my iGoogle page does just about the same thing....

Tagging is helpful, works wonderfully with google as well, and it is certainly a great reference to do research by.

No comments:

Post a Comment