Sunday, December 6, 2009

Social networking

I registered at Dogster.com and AnimalAttraction. I thought the regististration process was very simple, quick and easy, and the registration link arrived quickly. Dogster also warned me that since I have gmail I need to add them to my address book, as they often get stuck in the bulk mail folder. When they asked for my zipcode, I expected them to link me to others in the area who are registered, but there was nothing. I don't know if more relevant information will come up as more people register. Animal Attraction I registered for because I think its a nice idea that they will donate money for everyone who registers, and every time you log in. I saw a lot of homeless pets, back in PA. We were a vacation town, and a lot of the inner city tourists would come for the summer, pick up a pet for the summer, and then on their way back to NY, would dump them on the side of the road. So its nice to see a website doing something positive for them.

As to some of the site features, most of them were ok, but I came to find myself getting very annoyed with Dogster's local feature. It required a keyword of some type, and even when putting in nothing, it came back with no results for () found. So even leaving it blank didn't help. I did find a page with all local pet businesses, and reviews of them from members, so that will be a nice thing to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment